Sunday 27 September 2009

Old Typepad Posts - April 2009

--------
TITLE: RAK Winner announced
DATE: 04/29/2009 10:16:00 AM
-----

Remember {this} post, when I asked about your favourite TV shows?

My super reliable assistant random.org was kind enough to select a winner...so without further ado, let's here it for:


Random Integer Generator



Here are your random numbers:


4

Timestamp: 2009-04-28 21:21:51 UTC















Congratulations, Teena!!!




Meine sind:

Friends

Men in trees

Desperated Housewives

Lost

& Boston legal :)





Please E-mail Me! to claim your prize. I have put a little baggie together with oodles of journaling spots, tickets, buttons and flowers and I am sure you will enjoy it.


Thanks everyone for playing and keep checking out the blog as I will have a RAK happening every month. Trust me when I say you do not want to miss the next RAK....can I say THICKERS?? Yum!


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: Pencil Lines #132 and Cardvaarks "Tree"
DATE: 04/27/2009 09:00:00 AM
-----

Even though the weather had been beautiful this weekend, I decided that I would like to stay indoors and just craft my little heart out. Usually I would feel bad about it but as Lyndon's mum is coming for a visit this coming Thursday I had a good excuse. We are planning to be out and about during the upcoming bank holiday weekend, and I am really looking forward to it.

Actually, I can't believe that a whole year has already passed since the last May bank holiday beer festival - I had to giggle a lot when I read {this post} from last year's blog entry. I haven't changed much, hu? Lazy cow that I am...

But enough of that now. Let me show what kept me busy the whole of Saturday.

First there was my honorary DT bit for {pencil lines} - when I saw the sketch I knew straight away what I wanted to do.
I previously scrapped this photo of Checkpoint Charlie during my humble (and sometimes pathetic) beginnings of my scrap journey...and I always wanted to do it again. So, sketch #123 had to be it and I am really happy with the new layout

** click on image to enlarge **
LO - Is that it
Papers: Bella Blvd; Creative Imaginations; My Minds Eye, Basic Grey
Embellishments: Stickers - American Crafts (Alpha); Making Memories - Journal; Hambly - Bird; Button - Rusty Pickle
Tools: Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Flower & Branches die cuts - Cricut


And if you want a good laugh - have a look at how I scrapped this picture in 2005... bleck

** click in image to enlarge (if you dare) **
Checkpoint Charlie
Cardstock: Bazzill
Papers: Doodlebug
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Making Memories; Eyelets - unknown

Funny, or what?


Ok, enough dwelling in the past - let's carry on with the here and now and I would like to show my card for the most recent {cardvaarks} challenge. It's very simple - the card has to be tree themed and as I have been in a {bella blvd} mood lately, I figured those gorgeous stickers would be perfect to turn into a simple and quick greeting card.

** click on image to enlarge **
Card - thankful
Cardstock: Bazzill
Tools: Border Punch - Fiskars; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"
Embellishments: Stickers - Bella Blvd; Making Memories - Tina Alpha; Ribbon, Pin - Scrapitude; Pearls - KatyCards

I got one more :)

The wonderful {petra} tempted me with a card sketch on the {paperbraut} forum - how could I resist??

**click on image to enlarge**
Card - friends
Cardstock: Bazzill
Papers: Basic Grey; GCD Studios
Embellishments: Die Cut - K&Company; Sticker - Bazzill; Pearls - KatyCards


So, what else have I been up to? Got my hair cut again, finished knitting a scarf and started knitting a short jacket. Oh and I am also on the sixth book of the {harry potter} series. Forgot to say that I am TOTALLY hooked on them. Now all I need are the DVD's as well :)
Ya, one day I may..just MAY act my age

Laterz


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: 2S4U - Laura's Sketch #24
DATE: 04/24/2009 07:40:00 PM
-----

I find myself not being able to stop creating cards at the moment...just this morning I had to take tons of them into work, selling them off to my co-workers as they are so totally bursting out of all drawers in my scrap room....

But that doesn't stop me from creating more, oh no. That also means that I am never short of a card when I need one :)

If you ever take a fancy to any of my cards, it is always worth looking in my {esty} as I list some of my faves up there for sale.

Here is my latest card for the most recent {2s4u challenge #24}. I adored the sketch and I am utterly in love with that studded paper, which I received as a RAK from the wonderful {daniela}.

Laura's Sketch

Sketch24

Kimmy's Card ;)
-> as you can see I have rotated the sketch the left, as it suited my design better. That is what I love about sketches, you can adapt them in any way to make them fit YOUR ideas.

Card - party
Cardstock: Frances Meyer
Paper: unknown studded paper; solid paper - GCD Studios; Overlay - Teresa Collins
Embellishments: Tag, Bracket - My Minds Eye; Stickers - Making Memories; Chipboard Clock - Heidi Swapp; Pearl - KatyCards




-----
-----
--------
TITLE: Favourite Shows - RAK to win
DATE: 04/22/2009 03:43:00 PM
-----

I am soooooo tired of seeing all those reality tv shows....yawn. You know, I think the first series of each of them were kinda cool because it was new. But now all the peeps who are applying to participate in those shows are nothing but annoying peeps who want their five minutes of fame.  If I have to watch another Big Brother, Stylista, Strictly Come Dancing - I will be curling up under my table, sucking my thumb in comfort...
TV has gone to the dogs and the only enjoyment we get these days are re-runs from 70's and 80's shows.

But there are some good programmes around and my faves right now are these:

{dexter}
{the mentalist}
{primeval}
{mystery woman}
{ugly betty}

Right now, I miss Dexter and Ugly Betty the most *whine*

What are your Top 5 TV shows? Leave a comment under this post and win a fun filled embellishment Kit from me for your trouble :)
And don't worry - you CAN admit if you love those reality shows. Just because I think they suck eggs doesn't mean everyone else has to agree.

Good luck (and yes, the RAK is open worldwide)


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: Cricut and other Schtuff
DATE: 04/20/2009 08:59:34 PM
-----

I have been cutting like a mad woman with my beloved "Storybook" cartridge from Cricut. It just amazes me how many different things you can create with it. I used to be so totally into {scal} which enables you to cut every font and dingbat stored on your computer. But you know what? I am loving the cartridges much more. I have used the SCAL less than I have used the "Storybook" cartridge - weird, hu?
Anyway, it's good to have the use of both but as I have two more new cartridges arriving, I think the SCAL will still be a bit neglected.

So, over the weekend I played around and created this small layout. The flower and leaves were cut from the "Storybook" and the little twigs on the right hand side are actually the "waste" bits from the leaves - way to usable to chuck them if you ask me.

** click on image to enlarge **

LO - Wales
Cardstock: Bazzill; Frances Meyer
Papers: My Minds Eye; Teresa Collins overlay
Embellishments: Chipboard letters - WRMK; Adhesive Pearls - Prima; Ticket, Pin, Buttons - Scrapitude; Stickers - Making Memories

In case you haven't noticed - under each of my crafty creations I link some of the items I have either available at my shop or directly to the Manufacturer.

You may also know that I have an online craft shop and if you are ever in need of ticketc, buttons, pins, ribbons and blossoms - well, then I am your woman :)
You can shop till you drop {here} and I do ship internationally



-----
-----
--------
TITLE: 2S4U DT Call and Ebay Mania
DATE: 04/17/2009 09:52:53 PM
-----

** Post edited to include another card **

I did it again - managed to snag a {cricut} cartridge within the last 25 seconds on Ebay from my fave {craft store} for cartridges. This lady ships SUPER fast. My last cartridge arrived in 4 working days - from the US to the UK that is quicker than some UK shops...


29-0291


Anyhoo, I ramble - I have been after this cartridge for a while but I didn't fancy paying over the odds for it. Inclusive postage to the UK I have spent $33 (£24) which is crazy because I am not even able to get this cartridge through my wholesaler for the {shop} at that price! Right now there are a couple of other cartridges I really want, so I keep my eye out on Ebay :)

Remember the last one I won? I wrote about it {here} - as soon as it arrived I went to work with it and fell in love. It has to be my favourite cartridge so far: each letter and number gives you six different cuts - amazing.

The first card I made using cuts from that cartridge is also part of my submission for the recent {2s4u} DT call. I seriously love that blog and even though I have so far only managed to create two cards in time for their challenges it doesn't stop me from wishing to become part of their team. I love that {kazan} and {laura} change the team regular, ensuring that inspiration will always be varied and different. The initial term would be three months with an option to continue for another three - and I am SO ready for a card sketch blog :)

Fancy a go yourself? Then check out the details {here}. And here are my two cards, using Kazan's and Laura's sketches as inspiration

>> click on any images if you wish to see them larger <<
Card - hey
Cardstock: Papermill, Bazzill
Papers: Graphic 45; Fancy Pants
Embellishments: Stickers - Pink Paislee, Paint - Jones Tones; Pearls - Kaisercraft, Ribbons, Twine
Tools: Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots", Die Cuts - Cricut "Storybook"

Card - for you
The colouring of the flowers and the leaves has been done by using AD-Markers (like Copic)

Cardstock: Bazzill
Embellishments: Stamps - Stampin' Up, Pin, Button, - Scrapitude; Twine; Ribbon
Tools: Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Tracing Wheel - Making Memories; Pen - Uniball Signo

And here is my entry for the latest 2S4U challenge {#24}. I managed to finish it this morning - cutting it very fine with the deadline, but hey - you have to live dangerously once n a while, right?? *giggles*

Kazan24.jpg 

And here is my card

Card - friendship
Cardstock: Bazzill
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs; GCD Studio
Embellishments: Sticker - Melissa Frances; Button, Pin. Pearl Trim - Scrapitude
Tools: Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"; Border Punch - Fiskars; Butterfly Punch - unknown


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: Rock On
DATE: 04/13/2009 06:54:42 PM
-----

After I have been working for a few hours this morning I spent the rest of the day, creating up a storm. Well, when I say storm, I mean a slight wind :) - but for me finishing one card and one layout in one day is a HUGE achievement these days. But I am not complaining, I actually really enjoy not cranking out pages left, right and center every other day...now I only create when I really want to and I also take all the time I want to.

I found that all my cards and layouts started to look "rushed" purely because I was overdoing it. Yes, I totally enjoyed creating like a nutter otherwise I wouldn't have done it, but mojo certainly made sure that I pull the brakes and keep going slow.

Today I finished another page for my Rock-Album where I create pages about each individual band member of my favourite bands. I had already finished the ones for {joe elliott}, {rick allen} and {def leppard} so today was Phil Collen's turn. Now I only need two more for the Lep's and then I can start on {led zeppelin}

LO - the lead guitar
Photo
: Andrew McPherson

Cardstock: Frances Meyer
Papers: GCD Studios; My Minds Eye
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Maya Road, Doodlebug; Overlay -  Teresa Collins; Stickers - Doodlebug, American Crafts, 7Gypsies; Punchinella - Scrapitude
Tools: Stamp - Starving Artistamps; Border Punch - Martha Stewart


And while I was on a roll, I played around with some Core'dinations cardstock, which I was given as a RAK from my friend {tina}. Together with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, this cardstock is divine - emboss and sand and you get the coolest texture.

Card - birthday#1
Cardstock: Bazzill; Core'dinations
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Upsy Daisy Designs; Adhesive Rhinestones, Pin - Scrapitude
Tools: Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots", "Mesh Texture"; Die Cut - Cuttlebug "Stamps"

And now I have to go back to the socks I am knitting right now - the first one is almost done :)


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: CIC #49, Caardvarks and Knitting mania
DATE: 04/12/2009 12:15:04 PM
-----

Happy Easter everyone - I hope you had a wonderful time so far and look forward to yet another day off work. Silly me volunteered to go into work tomorrow for a couple of hours, so no lie-in for me but at least I get half a day back.

Lyndon and I enjoyed a day of watching Super Hero DVD's last night -> {iron man} and {spidey 2} <-  having some wine and pizza - plus I couldn't resist a bit of chocolate - so my Easter has been kinda cool so far.

This morning I have already been a very busy bee, completing two more cards for two wonderful challenge blogs and I managed to finish my knitted jumper/dress Friday night too.

First off, here is my contribution for another wonderful colour challenge set by Kristina Werner, which you can find {here}. The colour combination is not something I would choose to put together but once I got going I actually LOVED those colours together. The sentiment was stamped onto the punch out from the wonderful {stampin' up} tag punch, which I bought from my friend {sally}

Card - one of a kind
Cardstock: Stampin' Up; Frances Meyer; Wild Asparagus
Papers: K&Co; Wild Asparagus
Embellishments: Adhesive Rhinestones - Scrapitude; Pearl Swirls - Prima Marketing; Stamp - Stampin' Up
Tools: Tag Punch - Stampin' Up; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"


The next card was done for the recent {cardvaarks} challenge, asking us to create a card with a fantasy theme. As soon I saw the challenge I knew what I wanted to do and spent hours sourcing the net for a cute dragon image. Once I found the little blighter, I got cracking and you know what? I absolutely LOVE this card :)

Card - hot

Cardstock: Frances Meyer; Coredinations
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Making Memories; Rhinestones - K&Co
Tools: Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"; Border Punch - Martha Stewart


And now on to my master piece - my jumper/dress. It is supposed to be a knitted dress but personally I think it is a bit too short for my liking for being worn as a dress, so I prefer to wear it with either Jeans or leggings, as a sort of long-ish jumper.
I actually started this once before but ribbed it all up again when it was obvious I was waaaaaay to fat to fit into it. But now with my recent 2stone loss (28lbs)  I attempted this one again and I am loving it. Can't wait to give it its first outing, be I need to loose a couple more pounds first as it is still a wee bit tight around the hips :)

Jumper Jumper cu

I got the pattern from {drops}, which is great for me as they are in German too and I can only knit to German instructions, as I never learned the English abbreviations. I adore this site for patterns, even though it is very slow... now I am looking for some cool sock patterns and Lyndon has already asked for a nice winter jumper.


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: CP #9
DATE: 04/10/2009 04:57:10 PM
-----

My blog posts popping up like busses now - first there is none for a long time and three arrive at once...*lol*

Actually I only pop this one up quick so it still can qualify for this weeks {card patterns} sketch. I only downloaded the sketch about half an hour ago and got cracking straight away.

Sketch9

Now, Lyndon thinks this card is cute but I am not so sure myself - it's not my usual way of making cards but I desperately wanted to use this super cute owl stamp.

Card - owlsome
Cardstock: Papermill; Frances Meyer, Coredinations
Embellishments: Buttons - Sassafras Lass; Flowers - Prima; Stickers - Making Memories
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp
Tools: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Swiss Dots"; Ad Markers - Chartpak

Now I need to go back to get my cards done for a gazillion other challenge blogs...I am a woman on a mission :)


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: Upsy Daisy DT Work and Farewell
DATE: 04/09/2009 10:00:53 PM
-----

Yes, yes - I am still alive and still creating but what with Lyndon's folks being around last weekend and the newest {buttons & buddies kits} going up for subscribers tomorrow, I have been incredibly busy.

So let's keep this short and sweet. Here is one more layout I created for {upsy daisy designs} which was also published in the latest edition of {scrap-art-zine}

Watcha_Kim_Sonksen

And then we had to say good bye to a team member today at work. The wonderful {angela} is off to work as Assistant Shore Manager on board {aurora}. I am sure gonna miss that girl - she is so freakin' funny....

Card - goodbye

Oh and I am jumping up and down in delight right as I managed to win the {cricut storybook} cartridge on ebay in the last 32 seconds. I just waited until then to place my bid - and yup, it was mine...gotta love it!

29_0589_storybook


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: 2S4Y - Sketch #23
DATE: 04/02/2009 08:07:45 PM
-----

Even though I follow this awesome blog religiously, I haven't participated in any of the challenges yet. But that's gonna change, I can tell you. Lately I have been enjoying working from Sketches and {2 sketches 4 you} is simply the mother of all card-sketch blogs.

So here is my take on Kazan's latest sketch

Sketch 23

Card - friend hug

Cardstock: Hero Arts; Bazzill
Stickers: Melissa Frances, Bella Boulevard
Tools: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Swiss Dots"

Can't wait for the next challenge :)


-----
-----
--------
TITLE: UDD & SYC DT work and much more
DATE: 04/01/2009 01:34:00 PM
-----

** click on the images if you wish to see them enlarged **

I am finally totally back on track with my crafting. Man, did I miss this - the evolving stages of a project from "hmmm, I am not sure this is looking alright" to "wow, I really LOVE how this turned out"
A month of recharging has done me the world of good and I have lots to show for too :)

Let's start with my {upsy daisy designs} DT work for April.
This month we were asked to include one altered item within our project and I created this nifty little box. If you wanna know what it "hosted" before I prettied it up, you better have a look on the {udd blog}. This project also doubled as my project for the {scrap your crap} DT assignment this month.

Box3


Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs (#UDD0145 Take To The Air; #UDD0147 Take Wing; #UDD0146 Soar)
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Upsy Daisy Designs (#UDD192 Butterfly Wishes; #UDD189 Oh Happy Day); Brads - Upsy Daisy Designs (#EMB002 Bebe-Girl)

Then there are two cards with the first one doubling up as submission for the newest {cuttlebug challenge}, using {short cuts} frosted card template. This was one of the first cards I did after my crafting hiatus and I think you can tell - it is not one of my better ones, but I still like it.

Card - pocketfull

Cardstock: Frances Meyer; Baziill
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs (#UDD0146. Soar; #UDD0145. Take to the air)
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Upsy Daisy Designs (
#UDD188. Unwritten)
Tools: Border Punches - Martha Stweart, Fiskars; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug; Tracing Wheel - Making Memories

The last card for this month took me half a day to finish but I just had to add more and more to it until I was completely happy - and you know what; I really REALLY love this card. I think it is my favourite one ever.

Card - Gratitute


Cardstock: Stampin' Up; Bazzill
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs (
#UDD0174. Carter; #UDD0147. Take wing)
Embellishments: Rub Ons - Upsy Daisy Designs (#UDD188. Unwritten; #UDD191. With Gratitude); Stamps - Upsy Daisy Designs (#UDD209. Girl friends); Brads Upsy Daisy Designs (
#EMB003. Its a Girl Thing)
Tools: Border Punches - Martha Stewart; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug; Ink - Stampin' Up

But that's not all I did the last weekend - oh no. I got to play a little but more with the wonderful {gcd studios} papers. I still had some left over from my last shopping spree and this is my fave sheet of paper - I feel in love with it the first time I saw it. It was just perfect for this picture of me in Berchtesgaden

LO - Wood
LO - Wood close


Papers: GCD Studios; Making Memories; Vintage book sheet
Embellishments: Stickers - American Crafts, Basic Grey, Making Memories; Felt & Chipboard Bird - Maya Road; Stamps - Making Memories, Starving ArtistampsStamps Away; Flowers - Hero Arts; Resin Flourish - Melissa Frances
Tools: Border Punch - Fiskars; Paint - Jones Tones


Last, but by no means least I have received an award from two wonderful ladies I have had the pleasure of "finding" through the wonderful www. The "Let's Be Friends" award was passed on to me from {frauke} and {petra} - Thank you so much ladies, it is much appreciated.

Award_friends


But that is not all - oh no. My wonderful cyberfriend {eva} celebrated my mojo-retrun wity me by passing not one but two awards my way. Thanks so much Sweetie!

Makes+my+Heart+Smile+Award+from+Val
Uberaward[4]

And as you might all recall, whenever I receive an award I will list you to one inspiring blog. Right now I am TOTALLY in awe of this incredible crafter. Actually I think she deserves to be called an artist, as what she does with paper, glue and scissors is out of this world

{emma trout}



-----
-----
--------