Saturday 28 August 2010

I am bahaaaaaaack

...well, physically I am back but not mentally - my brain is in a "whoa-is-me" whiny mode as I brought back a big-fat cold as a souvenir from my holiday *pouts*.

But that aside I had a great time and the last ten days were the most relaxing I have had in a long time. Cruising the Norwegian Coastline and visiting awesome places in Norway (such as Bergen, Trondheim, Alesund) was a wonderful experience and I only wish Mr P would have shared this experience with me. Alas, he is not one for cruising so I took my Mum and we had a fabulous time together.

I took way over 500 pictures but don't fret - I won't bore you with all of them. Just a few here and there  over the next couple of days should do, right?

So, let's start with the Sailaway from Hamburg - I always wanted to experience the show that my birthplace puts on for Queen Mary 2 and all I can say is WOW. The harbour was full of sparkly lights everywhere and little boats accompanied Queen Mary 2 along her journey on the Elbe with a magnificent firework display to finish the evening off. It was difficult to get some good shots as all the open deck areas were packed with people - so here are two that came out best:

** click on any of the pictures to enlarge their view **


The first two days were spent at sea and I spent most time showing Mum around the vessel.

Whilst her favourite place turned out the be in the smokers area on Deck 8, she could not resist a shot in front of that famous red funnel - and of course I got in on the fun too :)

During the first two days I started taking pictures of my feet including the surrounding areas (i.e. "my feet and the North Sea" or "my feet and the Skagarak"). Why did I do that? No idea, it just seemed like a good idea at the time, so you will have to just sit through it :)))

Ready for the first lot? Meet my feet cruising through the North Sea and Skagarak:

3 comments:

  1. yay, you're back! sounds like you had a fabulous time, so happy for you :) loving the photos so far and am so very glad that your feet are wearing footwear LOL! get some rest and shake off that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Kim!

    Head on over to my blog - I gave you a blog award!

    http://stamperextraordinaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome HOME! I love the perspective view of your tootsies! Can't wait to see all the piccys! HUGS and SMOOOOChES! glad to have you home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.