Thursday 20 January 2011

Thin Lizzy

** post updated with questions answered **

If you are on Facebook and haven't lived on another planet for the last couple of months, then you would be painfully aware that I had been counting down the days until {{Thin Lizzy}} played in Southampton.

Now, I am not a huge Lizzy Fan - I do like their music a lot, but the main reason for getting the ticket was undoubtedly the fact that my future husband, {{Mr Campbell}} was joining them during the first leg of their European Tour. An added bonus was that the man behind the mike was {{Ricky Warwick}}.

I met up with a girl I knew from the {{Def Leppard}} forum and we were lucky enough to nab the space at the front, right between Mr Campbell and Mr Warwick...stud muffin heaven for me :))))

The show as absolutely ace - the sound was great, the fans and band were rockin' for two hours. When Lizzy play again in Southampton, I 'll be there again.

Oh and the icing on the cake for me was the end of the show, when Mr Campbell threw his guitar pick in my direction and I caught it straight away...yah, I know...it's fate -> the first of many gift from the future hubster maybe?!???

Q:
 jo said...

Ricky's looking mighty fine nowadays!!! Was Darren Wharton playing with the band Kim?

20 January 2011 13:49
A:
Yup, he was Jo - and looking good. He enjoyed himself like no one else - he grinned the whole time through and had obviously oodles of fun. The only picture I have of him is this:


** click on picture to enlarge view **

5 comments:

  1. how fun :) did you lovely get jalous- LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricky's looking mighty fine nowadays!!! Was Darren Wharton playing with the band Kim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fab time - but what does Lyndon say about you running off to be a groupie?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't believe you went without me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh thanks for posting that pic Kim!! I Love Darren!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.