Monday 13 June 2011

My Dad

"Hello, this is Kim Sonksen sharing a layout created with the fantastic {{Antiques}} paper line for Donna Salazar Designs.
I simple adore how Donna combines masculine with feminine designs, which makes her papers so versatile and easy to use.Not only do you have the fabulous {{Steam-punk Gentleman}} but within the same collection you will find {{Time For Tea}}. Then we have the {{Vintage Gears}} and the {{Theater}} - like I said, there is a feminine paper for every masculine one. Donna provides the Ying with the Yang which makes for a very relaxed scrapping experience.

But I digress - let's get one with some crafting, right?

This month we are focusing on Dads and mine is a truly wonderful man. Not my biological father but the best Dad a girl can have and I love him dearly. He is now in his 77th year and as cheeky as ever - the picture I have used is SO him, always a wicked laugh on his lips, because he usually plots something or the other.

The {{Antiques}} paper line works fabulous for a masculine layout and the colours in the photograph practically begged for this picture to be combined with these papers.

I used a combination of Wood Stain, Caramel Latte and River Mossy {{Smooch Spritz}} on the cardstock to make sure it works with the colour combination of the papers and the picture. I also used the Caramel Latte to tone down the brightness of the clock  from the {{Time For Tea}} paper, sticking out from underneath the top of the picture - works great, doesn't it?

** click on image to enlarge ** 

The paper strips like the worn ruler from the {{Tags, Ribbons & Mosaics}} paper gave me the idea that the edges of the photograph should look a tiny bit more distressed, so I used a file to rough up the edges and went over them first with Chestnut Roan chalk ink from {{Clearsnap}} and a second layer of Dark Brown. It looks almost like rust....perfect mach for the ruler edge, me thinks.

The title letters were also distressed with a helping of Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain & Caramel Latte and finished off with a topping of chalk ink in Dark Brown. I added a few white lines to indicate highlights on the letters and adhered them to the background with adhesive foam.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks posts from me and maybe you like to visit my blog"


Products used
Other products
Embroidery Floss - unknown
Cardstock - Stampin' Up
Pens - Uniball Signo in white, Zig Millenium in black
Pearls/Rhinestones - unknown
Stickers - Jenni Bowlin

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Kim, I love the ink work and that is such a lovely photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such an amazing design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful page Kim. Everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome layout of ur dad! Love u added the wings :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.