Sunday 16 October 2011

Autumn is a-coming...

...only two weeks ago this was my bliss on Sunday early morning


I was sitting with a cuppa and a Japanese Crochet pattern book on my balcony being so hot from the sun, that I had to come inside after only 15 minutes again.

This weekend all you could see was thick fog, and the only way to enjoy a cuppa and good read would have been wrapped up in gloves, hat and a jacket. I don't actually mind, I just can't deal with the extreme fall in temperatures sometimes - on Friday we were sweating like pigs and today it's chilly.

But on the other hand, this helped my this morning during my 1km run, as for a change I was not dripping in sweat when I came back home.

Yup, that's right - I have started running/jogging/power-walking 14 days ago. Despite me walking as good as everywhere and eating healthy I was just not shifting the weight. To top it all off my cross-trainer decided to die on me after two years of service and I had to look at other means of keeping fit.

So, we started to power walk/jog three times a week. The first day was awful, I thought I was going to die for sure. My knees were giving in and quite painful but it is getting easier and easier every time.
This morning I just pushed myself to make sure I just ran all the way from our house to the castle at the seafront which is a 1km distance. I was so proud of myself and almost made it all the way back in a jog too.

I am so channelling my inner  Linford Christie - watch out!

2 comments:

  1. well, boo for crappy weather but hooray that you're feeling better about power walking/jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Kim!! Way to go starting to run/job/power walk. :) I am so impressed........I don't think I could run out to my mailbox and back without getting super exhausted.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.