Monday 7 November 2011

Crochet - The Failures

I know I haven't shown much crochet stuff lately but I am still hooking along obsessively. Unfortunately my latest projects did not turn out as great as I had hoped so I  ooooooohmed and aaaaaaaahd but in the end figured I should still show my failures. After all, they generally spurn me on to do better next time.

This is how my first Amigurumi project SHOULD have looked like
Image and pattern source: Fresh Stitches

And now, I would like you to meet Pat, the PAThetic Penguin...
Not being funny, but the beak looks like a willy and when you a look at a penguin thinking that his willy sprouts from between his eyes, you just cannot take him seriously anymore....so I flung him across the room and announced that "I am not even going to bother with the hat. In the bin it will go". 
And who ever saw a penguin with a freakin' belly button????
To add to my dramatic outburst, I threw my hook around for good measure which resulted in a frantic search afterwards, as it was my favourite hook. 

Geez, I really need to lighten up when things go wrong!

But somehow Mr P fell in love with Pat, re-named him Poirot and adopted him immediately.

Oh well, I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I make another attempt at Amigurumi.


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it´s so cute! Do you need my adress? *lol*
    Greetings samsch

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA great story!!! I think Pat is find...You should go for the hat. And I can't seam to get my crochet circles with no hole ether...what's up with that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness I almost wet myself reading that, I even had to pass the computer to my hubby and he had a good chuckle too! Well I think that Poirot is totally adorable and definitely needs a hat for the festive season ;) (and at least his willy is closer to his brain than usual so maybe you can actually take him more seriously ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...i don't know what to say lol. too funny! i personally think poirot is adorable and you did a great job with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, goodness! I am laughing here. Poor little willy/Poirot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.