Sunday 19 September 2010

Create Your Own Kit

Have a look at this


These are all the 12 x 12 papers I have in my possession right now (excluding my DT papers).
The other day I was surfing the net trying to find a good monthly kit club as I felt I needed to get back into the swing of scrapping layouts more. I saw many awesome kits, most of which I will never be able to afford, so I had a brain storm.

I got all my papers out and counted them.
There are a lot of them.
Too many to justify buying more.

Have a guess how many...c'mon guess 

(no, REALLY -> guess..I will send a RAK of a selection of papers to the one closest to the actual number)


So I figured, why don't I take all my papers and create my own Kits from them? Also, I have equally as much card stock lying around gathering dust. Well, I got cracking and first sorted all papers by colours - geez, that was some hardship on me and I was hyperventilating that my anal-storing-by-manufacturer organisation was going up the creek.

In the end it was worth it, because I rediscovered papers I forgotten I had and I got all excited just thinking about how to use them. I whipped up a total of 24 Kits (that is two years worth of an average $25 saved) and challenged myself to use them all up before I am allowed to sub to another Kit Club.

My September 2010 Kit included:
3 Sheets of 12 x 12 {{ Cosmo Cricket }}
2 Sheets of 12 x 12 {{ Scenic Route }}
1 Sheet of 12 x 12 Rusty Pickle
3 Sheets of 12 x 12 card stock from {{ Bazzill }} & {{ Frances Meyer }}
endless supply of Alpha Stickers, Stamps, embellishments

And these are the projects I have created so far, but I am nowhere near done :)

** click on images to enlarge their view **


5 comments:

  1. Wow, am I impressed with your reorganization and your beautiful scrapbook pages!!
    Now for the guess.....840pages. Sound close? I am terrible at estimating but thanks for the fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked layouts and such a brilliant idea... although I loathe the idea of sorting my papers, it would be well worth the headache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy CRAP, girlfriend! fabulous idea, and just lookitchoo go, with your scrappin' with kits and stuff! that's far more focused than i can imagine myself ever being. well done!

    and um, 237.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome job. I think I need to do that. Thanks for the GREAT idea. NOw, to just find the time. I'm guessing 150 sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep thinking i'll make some kits...i really need to! maybe you've given me a kick in the pants :) your LOs are spectacular and the cards too. you sure have been busy! oh and i am horrible about guessing this stuff but i'll say 312.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.