Tuesday 21 September 2010

GLEE - The Contest

Some of you may have spotted the blinkie on the right hand side of my blog, about the GLEE inspired contest that is run over at {{ Dixie Pieces }}. To be honest, I never watched GLEE and I don't intend to - it is just not my cup of thing, but I am all over the contest.

Dixie Pieces is a Monthly Kit Club and I have been looking at their Kits for quite some time, ever since my previous DT-Teamie {{ Marci Knecht }} showcased just how awesome the Kits are. When I saw the announcement for the contest I did not hesitate to throw my hat in the ring because one of the prizes is a DP Kit... and that would be so sweet to win.

Anyhoo, the first challenge went up last Friday and we were asked to create a layout based on some Beatles Songs, and it would also have to reflect the era, i. e. the Sixties. As soon as I saw the list of Beatles song to choose from, I knew which picture I wanted to scrap and here is the finished layout

** click on images to enlarge **

Cardstock: Bazzill ** Papers: Scenic Route ** Chipboard Shapes, Blossom: Fancy Pants ** Pearls: Papercellar, KatyCards ** Other: Cosmic Shimmer; Masking Tape; Journaling Pens; Lace; Pins; Buttons, Staple; Twine; Beaded ribbon ** Font: A Hard Says Night

I always snag off the ends of any pins I use on my projects, just in case...

This lace flower was not store bought but created by me


Now I cannot wait for the next challenge ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Dude that LO is HAWT! I heart Glee (mostly for the awkwardness... I am a big fan of awkward) so that would be a fun challenge! You picked a great song and I dig how you arranged your elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just did a page using this title but yours is way cuter lol! love all the misting and your lacey flower is awesome!! good luck and hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute lo!!

    I just joined the Glee challenge too so many thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl! You really do rock the paper and glue. That's an awesome layout ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.