Sunday, 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween [older spelling: Hallowe'en]:
Shortened from All-hallow-even, as it is the evening before “All Hallows’ Day” (also known as “All Saints’ Day”)
******************************************

Aren't you glad you asked?
Now that we got all the boo-ya stuff out of the way, let's carry on with some craftyness:))

Last week I managed to complete two more layouts with my {{October Kit}}, which brings my total to six layouts. I struggled a little with this Kit as orange is not really my favoured colour when it comes to crafting - so I was glad that one of the Prima papers had a pink pattern on the back *phew*.

**click on any of the images to enlarge the view**
Ingredients:
Papers: Prima Marketing ** Stickers: Making Memories, Jenni Bowlin ** Tag: Rusty Pickle ** Button: My Little Bit Of Whimsey ** Other: Embroidery Floss; Flatbacked Pearls; Vintage Bookpage
Ingredients:

Papers: Sassafras Lass; Rose Mokka; Graphic 45 ** Stickers: Making Memories, Sassafras Lass ** Button: Cosmo Cricket ** Rub Ons: Kaisercraft ** Other: Masking Tape; Flatbacked Pearls; Alpha Beads; Punchinella: Uniball Signo Pens

So - that is my October Kit done with and I am already excited to get cracking on my November Kit...blue hues that suit me much more than orange.

Before I go, I have also created a card for the recent {{Card Patterns}} sketch - using an image from the upcoming November release of {{Some Odd Girl}}
I  love the Elf...she has some sort of a Bavarian feel about her, no?

Ingredients:
Cardstock: Papermill ** Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs ** Digital Stamp: Some Odd Girl ** Rubber Stamp: Stampin' Up ** Pens: ProMarkers; Uniball Signo; Asda Glitter Pens ** Other: Cosmic Shimmer; Embroidery Floss; Masking Tape; Flatbacked Pearls.

I was really glad that I still had my glitter gel pens from Asda, as they enabled me to just trace the outlines of parts of the image, which I wanted to highlight.

Not too bad, hu? I can see a few more glitterfied cards coming on soon :)

Have a spooctacular day

6 comments:

  1. I love all the details on the layouts- you worked so cool with the prima paper- amazing! Happy Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so bright! There are so many details! Like it all! You are miracle-worker!

    Best wishes from Belarus
    Matallia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!!!
    Lovely layouts and amazing Card!!!
    xox Julia Sáddi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your LO's and elf Kaylee is coloured fantastic!!!! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim beautiful pages and love love your take on the CP sketch. Gorgeous coloring and love those glitters on the hair!
    Thank you for playing along with us again at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts and what a cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.