Monday 15 November 2010

Upsy Daisy Designs - DT November PT III

I had a real blast this month with my {{ Upsy Daisy Designs }} projects and I think I am not finished...somehow I can't stop creating with the last two lines, they get my mojo flowing like nothing else.

Our second assignment for this month was to make use of the funky {{ Square Brads }}. I love them a lot because they are so different to the majority of brads on the market but at the same time, I find them difficult to use. So I was more than happy with this challenge as it pushed me out of my comfort zone (i.e. choosing round brads over squares).


** click on images to enlarge **
Ingredients:
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs - #AVA012. Extreme, #AVA013. Grind#ND015. Inspire ** Rub Ons: Upsy Daisy Designs - #UDD186. It's A Girl Thing, #UDD0123. Basic Brown Alpha ** Brads: Upsy Daisy Designs - #BRD313. Vogue ** Stickers: Rusty Pickle, Dymo ** Other: Punches, Pens

I decided to use some {{ Rub Ons }} and doodle along the outline of the brads to make them blend with the overall designs of the page. You know what - I think I found a new love: square brads.

Huey Lewis and the News pretty much said it all those years ago: It's Hip To Be SQUARE :)

4 comments:

  1. Super cool LO!
    (I once made an LO titled "Hip to be Square" by the way. *giggles*... but I can't hear that song w/o laughing because of the ridiculously disturbing, yet hilarious American Psycho scene where Christian Bale is swinging his hips, singing along to Hip to be Square... while dressed in a raincoat and wielding an axe...! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun- I love the layout and you dolled up - the square brads are sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich drücke dir auch soooooooooooooooo doll die Daumen!! :-*

    Ich liebe dein Layout - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all .. but umm CONGRATS CONGRATS on TC girl .. SO SO SO SO happy for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.