Friday 13 January 2012

Donna Salazar DT - January Pt I


Below post went live earlier on the Donna Salazar Blog.

Did you know that you can create a minibook from scratch with your favourite Donna Salazar papers and Spellbinder dies? Yup – all you need is paper, dies and embellishments.

You can also die-cut your paper in such a way that you can “bind” your minibook by sewing or stapling the spine.

First you will need to decide on the size of your minibook, I opted for a 6x6” book and first cut a sheet of  the Antiquities Theatre paper in half
Now you want to fold the sheet over like this
If you wish for you paper to remain in one piece, you will have to place it onto your chosen die ensuring that the fold does not cover the cutting edge.
If you are worried that the paper may slide a little during the cutting process, you may want to keep it in place by adding a little masking tape over paper and die.

For my book, I decided on three double pages, which I cut using the Creative Book Pages, Creative Book Pages 2 and Grand Labels One dies for which I cut a sheet of Spring in Bloom - Pretty in Purple to an initial 6 x 6 size.
I cut various shapes from a selection of Spellbinders dies and arranged them in a layered fashion on the individual pages.
Additionally I also used the Wonderful Wings dies as stencils placing them onto one of my double pages and spraying over them with various coloured mists, outlining the white spaces when I removed the dies. You can create your won patterned papers like this!
Now you want to “bind” your book and you can either do this by piercing a few holes in the spine of your collected folds and thread some twine or floss through it, or you can use a stapler, as I did:
I started my book by finishing off the cover first – adding the title cut with Donna’s Alpha out of corrugated board and heat embossed. The final touch is the gorgeous butterfly using the Wonderful Wings die and adding a little sparkle with pearls and rhinestones.
I leave you with pictures of the individual pages and hope that you enjoyed today's step by step

 Products used:
Spellbinders
GCD Studios:
Donna Salazar's Spring in Bloom - Spring Sky, In Bloom,
Donna Salazar's Antiquities - Harmony, Let's Ride, Theatre, Time for Tea
Donna Salazar's Crafty Chronicle
Want 2 Scrap:
Baby Pearls in white, Bling Strips in white/silver
Clearsnap Inc:
Donna Salazar's Smooch Spritz in Tea Party, Wood Stain, Green Olive
Top Boss Embossing Powder in White
Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
Zutter:
Corrugated Cardboard


Other Supplies: Jenni Bowlin Alpha Stickers, Bella Blvd phrase papers

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can comment again! I've been wanting to say how much I adore this little mini you created, Kim! Such a great idea to be able to create minis from your paper stash. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wierd! I have missed loads on your blog but I know I commented on this mini!! Maybe blogger was playing up that day... anyway it is gorgeous! Love the misted butterflies and the corrugated 'love'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.