Saturday 26 May 2012

The Good Life

The past couple of days I have been reflecting on my life and you know what?
I am stinking happy with it - content and thankful at how good my life is.
Most of the time a lot of us humans spend a looooooooooooong time talking and thinking about what is bad in our lives but isn't that just wasted energy? If something bothers you - change it and turn a negative into a positive. It is much easier than you think. 

If you are annoyed about things others do - get over it, if you don't have the power to change it don't dwell. Just think of something nice instead.

Don't I get annoyed at all? 
Heck, of course I am - when I get shouted at on the phone by an irate customer or read the hurtful words in their letters to me. But instead of getting all uptight about it and building up the anger inside of me, I just think that I get paid handsomely to witness other people making complete asses out of themselves. And don't get me wrong there are also some very nice letters we get.
Even though my job is demanding and sometimes draining - I do enjoy it.
It enables me to enjoy my life by paying off my mortgage easily, enjoy good food, travel, spend precious time with Mr P and overall be a content little bunny.

Sometimes, when I start to rev myself up about things like unruly kids on the ferry at 7:00am in the morning and their parents not giving a crap that their offspring is screaming/playing computer games with the sound sound on high/running around bumping into other people I start to calm myself by thinking "at least I don't have to deal with those annoying little turds 24/7", plug in my i-Pod and listen to Metallica or Rammstein which then takes away my anger.

Seriously, it does work to try to find a positive in anything that seems negative to you at the time. 
And since I have limited my internet time and signed off sites like Facebook I have become so much happier.  I don't let the www. rule me and my social life anymore, I rule how often I allow the www. into my house.

If you feel overwhelmed in your life with things - get rid of some that waste your time. Start with something seemingly small, just to get you into the habit of letting go.
Start saying "no" when someone asks you for a favour or asks you to join them for something you don't really want to. If they are friends they will not be upset and if their are upset, they are not friends and you don't need them in your life.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking about yourself first - because what good is it to you if you make everyone else feel happy by doing things you don't really want to do?
Being a little selfish is ok because if Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

And here endeth today's sermon :))))

3 comments:

  1. Such a great piece of advice. It took me 20 years to figure that out and it still isn't habit yet. You certainly do seem to be an expert at it, I wouldn't have thought of my job as a chance to watch people do stupid things. Also, Rammstein is awesome, haven't listened to them in years, perfect for drowning out children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, Kim! Love that you are re-evaluating the things in your life that just aren't working for you, and making changes for the positive. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.