Friday 6 July 2012

FP - Crochet Skull Card

I am sure excited about my current finished project because by combining my new love for crochet/knitting together with my previous love of paper-crafting I am now in the mood again to create cards and scrapbook pages...woooohoooo.

But let's start from the beginning - I blame my buddy {Trace} for my rekindled passion, because she send me an email the other day with a link to {this pattern}. Now anyone who knows me will also know that I am a total sucker for skulls: always have, always will. Thankfully Mr P's nephew shares this obsession so it's always easy for us to find gifts/create cards and it gives me an excuse to search online for anything skull.

After Trace's email I searched Ravelry's database for more crochet skull patterns as I did not like the jaw bit too much on the original pattern and I found {another one} by Matthew Gravelyn. I hooked the little fella up in no time, using embroidery floss and a 2mm hook.
Here he is before blocking, a wee bit crooked:
And here he is after blocking - to be honest, I have no idea why the area around the eye sockets is reddish, as if he was bleeding from his eyes...creepy
And here is the finished card, I am so happy with it and hopefully this will see me get back into the papercrafting mood, as it has been quite annoying having to buy greeting cards over the last six months :)
For more finished projects hop over to {Tami's blog}


11 comments:

  1. Yesss, I love your creepy cute skull! That vague red area around the eyes makes it even better:) Great birthday card, good job, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your skull.

    Why does blocking make such a difference? I had to block my little purse, which seemed to mean wetting it and just letting it dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He rocks. And what a great card to add him to! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks really cool/creepy on that card XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering when you would start your card making again. This is yet another card masterpiece! The crochet definitely gives it another dimension, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's clever, combining crochet and card making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Come back to the paper world...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute creepy skull :-) Love the card, there is nothing better than a handmade birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Skulls are cool and I love the little guy you made. He's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! OMGosh, I SO LOVE this card, Kim! That skull is fabulous, and the card design rocks! Yay, I'm so glad you're having fun with your old hobby again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.