Sunday 26 June 2011

Crochet - FP Yay

Today I have a double-whammy of YAY's as I finished not one but two pieces of clothing during the last four weeks.

You may recall this post when I asked what the WIP on show could possibly end up as - and my buddy Trace actually got it spot on (you can't fool a a fellow hooker...)
It's a wrap!

To tell you the truth, I struggled a lot when I had to figure out how to get the top line half squares done. As I did not work to a pattern but crocheted the wrap as I hooked along, I was pretty much on my own. At times I just wanted to give up but I persevered. And now I am glad I did.

Yarns used:
Patons Fab DK in #2331 Beige (200g), #2308 Camel (200g) and #2308 Brown (50g)
Hook size: 3.5mm
Time to complete: Three weeks


But there is more....oh yes!

Inspired once again by MeMe Rose, I wanted to make a similar poncho and as I still had some Stylecraft yarn left over, in some colours that did not work with any of the rooms in our flat, there was no stopping me.

The poncho was finished in a jiffy and so easy to do, that I can see a few more of them popping up in the future



Yarns used:
Stylecraft Special DK in #1034 Sherbet (100g), #1019 Cloud Blue (100g), #1316 Spring Green (100g), #1422 Aspen (100g), #1023 Raspberry (50g) and #1061 Plum (50g)
Hook size: 4.0mm
Time to complete: Two weeks

Both, wrap and poncho are currently available to purchase in my Folksy store

4 comments:

  1. Yum they are both gorgeous! I can't believe you did the wrap without a pattern!! Totally amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh both lovely!! I'm making a granny poncho like yours for the Robster at the mo, almost finished! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey stranger! i love seeing your crochet work! gorgeous!! i'm a big crocheter myself, and i've recently been getting back into it - such a fun hobby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.