Friday 3 June 2011

Crochet FP

Yup, believe it or not I actually DID finish some crochet projects over the last couple of weeks, so let me show you some.

You may recall THIS POST, about my WIP's and I am pleased to show that this is now a completed cushion cover. Made from scratch with no written instructions.

For the first time I also tried myself at making a button closure at the back of the cushion - again with no instructions, I just made it up as I went along and I think it worked out not too shabby.In hindsight, I could have added a row or two more to avoid the buttons pulling so much, but on the other hand, it give it almost a scalloped edge, no?


I love how the Granny Square and the Granny Stripe cushions look together
And nope, the cushion covers are not wonky, we are actually using the cushions to rest our heads on, so they are well used, well loved and well scrunched up :)

Then I had some left over yarn and it was much to pretty to just discard it...what's a hooker to do? Easy, just tie all the left overs together into one ball and crochet away...which is what I did for this armrest cover. Works perfect with the Granny Stripe cushion, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome crochet projects, Kim! And so great to see that you guys are really using and enjoying all your hard work. Love how you used your leftover yarn bits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fab work,kimmy!! the last crocheting project i did were pot clothes!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.