Sunday 5 February 2012

Gel-a-Tins - February DT Pt I


Lately I have been in the mood for very Clean and Simple (CAS) cards, so for February I am going to continue with this technique. Odd thing is that sometimes I find a simplistic card can take you so much longer to finish than a layered embellished card.
Have a guess how long it took me to complete the following card?



Did you guess two hours? Yup, that's right it took me a whoopin' two hours to complete this card, crazy!


Making use of the PEACE ON EARTH stamp set I wanted to create a card to welcome a baby boy into this world.

First I hand cut a tag from plain cardstock and stamped a pair of feet on the bottom

I then added a sentiment, which comes from the FANCY DOILY set, fussy cut around the outline and adhered it to the cloud for dimension.

And there it was - a simple card which took forever to complete :)
But the outcome was so worth it, don't you think?

Supplies used:
Cardstock - Papermill
Paper - Donna Salazar for GCD Studios
Ink - Donna Salazar Mixed Media Inx for Clearsnap
Pearl, Chipboard Cloud - unknown

2 comments:

  1. definitely worth it! sooooo cute, love the lil feet and cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, Kim! What a fabulous clean design, mixed with a bit of shabby chic flair. Love those baby feet. And LOVE the star cloud, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.