Sunday 20 November 2011

Gel-a-Tins - November DT, Pt II

The below post went live on the Gel-A-Tins Blog earlier:

I had lots of fun this month creating my own background with the "Fairy Castle" stamp of the brand new ONCE UPON A TIME set to create this layout, showing yours truly digging away at the beach to create my very own sandcastle.
First I used a generous helping of walnut spray and spritzed it randomly over an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white cardstock. While the spray was still wet I sprinkled a few pieces of white embossing powder over it and set my heatgun to work. I love the effect the white embossed areas give to the overall look of the page.

I then decided where I wanted to place the photograph and stamped the image around the area in a slightly offset fashion.

All I needed to add now, were stickers and tags to add my journaling and the title.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - Poundland
Inks - Stampin' Up
Stickers - Jenni Bowlin, Making Memories
Tags/Journaling spost - Bella Blvd, My Minds Eye



4 comments:

  1. I perfect stamp for a perfect LO! Have never added embossing powder with mist spray, will give it a go I really like the effect. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! i really love the stamped image behind your photo, very clever! and the misting plus embossing...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so very cool, Kim! Love that background you created. Genius to use some white embossing powder in there. And LOVE how you used that stamp. Such a perfect photo for that castle. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.