Monday 26 December 2011

Gel-a-Tins - December DT, Pt IV

Below post went live on the Gel-a-tins blog earlier

I don't know about you, but I am terribly behind with the scrapping of my older Christmas pictures. The other day I came cross one, which showed me and my baby brother on his first Christmas - way bank in 1972.
Yup, I think I desperately need to catch up somehow!

What better way, to make use of the stamp set HAPPY HOLIDAYS to incorporate in the overall design of the page.

Instructions:
Using a Versmark inkpad, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Holidays" and the wee "Floral" on the side of my layout. Then I sprinkled some white embossing powder over the area and tapped the excess power back into the pot. Using my heat gun, the sentiment and image quickly set.
I actually like the effect when the embossed are is not perfectly covered with the powder - it gives a more vintage-distressed look, don't you think?
Supplies used:
Papers - Mt Minds Eye, Simple Stories
Inks - Clearsnap
Other - Embossing Powder, Dimensional Paints
Stickers - Jenni Bowlin

1 comment:

  1. ooh this is really pretty and your embossing adds the perfect touch of texture and sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment - I do appreciate it a lot.